Thursday, November 12, 2015

Cave honored with Student Laureate Award

University of Illinois Springfield senior Hannah Cave has been honored this past Saturday with the Student Laureate Award from the Lincoln Academy of Illinois.

Cave, a 2011 Rochelle Township High School graduate, is majoring in Global Studies at UIS along with secondary education (social studies) and psychology minors.

“Receiving that award was incredibly humbling, yet very exciting,” recalled Cave on receiving her award. “ I have given hours and hours of my time for things that I do simply because I want to make the world a better place, so to be recognized for those things is an amazing feeling. Being in the company of leaders I look up to and peers I hope to change the world with was even better.”

Each year an outstanding senior from each of the four-year degree-granting institutions of higher learning in Illinois is awarded the Student Lincoln Academy Medallion and thereby becomes a Student Laureate of the Lincoln Academy of Illinois.

Student Laureates are honored for their overall excellence in curricular and extracurricular activities.

This article appeared online in the Rochelle News-Leader.

Read the entire article online.